We believe that we ALL have a role to play in normalising the mental health conversation in the workplace. There's no need to wait for your company to take action...
The Everymind Champion course is a 1-hour long interactive online course that equips you with the tools to support yourself in the workplace, provide support to others alongside giving you practical suggestions to improve mental health within the business you work for.
You don't need to take the course all in one go, you can log out and return to complete the course at a later date if that works better for you!
What a Champion is:
- Someone who can provide peer support
- Someone who takes action in raising awareness around the importance of mental health
- Someone who (if they wish) can share their own experience with mental health to inspire others
- Contributes to the goal of reducing stigma surrounding mental health in the workplace
What a Champion is not:
- A therapist
- An expert in mental health
- Someone who is obliged to share their own experiences
WHAT YOU GET:
- Access to the Everymind Champion course - for free!
- Monthly newsletters with actionable steps to supporting your colleagues
- Further resources and learning materials
- Networking opportunities with other Everymind Champions
Leading This Course - Paul McGregor
My name is Paul and I want to be honest with you. My life was pretty ‘care free’ up until I was 18. I grew up in a loving household, I was pretty academic at school and I played football nearly every minute I had spare. My life was following a pretty ‘normal’ path, but then my life was turned upside down.
At 18, my Dad who showed no signs of depression or previous struggles with mental health, my Dad who had ‘everything’ on paper attempted suicide. Just 2 days in to my new job.
His attempt came as a shock to us all, but he miraculously survived the accident. And after a few weeks in hospital physically recovering, he was home. But even though at the time we thought we’d escaped a nightmare, things got worse. And on the 4th March 2009, just 6 months after his first sign of depression my dad took his own life.
I continue to share my experiences and the experiences of others, standing up to the stigma that surrounds mental health and strive towards early intervention and better support for those who need it.
I started Everymind and created this course, as there still continues to be a one size fits all approach to supporting our mental health. I believe we can ALL take some responsibility for looking after ourselves and our peers, and that is where you can help.
Easy to implement ideas and strategies for making your workplace a place where mental health is not a threat, but something we can discuss with less stigma.
Everymind Champion Course
A course designed and presented by Paul McGregor to help you support yourself and others in the workplace.
Opportunities to connect with other Everymind Champions and Thought Leaders in the wellbeing space.
You should take this course if you:
- Want to make a difference in the workplace from the ground-up
- Are working from home with more time on your hands and want to upskill
- Have your own experience of mental ill health and want to put that empathy and understanding to good use
- Care about eradicating the stigma that surrounds mental health - particularly in the workplace!
This course contains a personal account of an experience with suicide.